Beautiful home for sale in Pitlochry, Perthshire
Perthshire property for sale Pitlochry – Swallows Gait sits in an idyllic woodland setting – in a small cul de sac, looking on to mixed planting of beautiful trees which envelope the area with a feeling of safety, tranquility and peace. Since the garden is mature with close-planting and several additional weed-limiting measures, it is easy to maintain in its woodland setting. The views from every window are simply lovely and living here is peaceful, yet abundant woodland birdsong ensures it is not silent. This home is perfect for a life free of the stresses that accompany more urbanised areas.
Detached property for sale in Pitlochry Perthshire
Having lived in Pitlochry for over 25 years, I can’t express, in any number of words, how complete the “way of life element” is in this area. Here are some photos to help me on my way:-
Home for Sale in Pitlochry Perthshire
Hubby and I are proprietors of Rosemount Hotel. We’re seeking to sell our properties, below, to buy a smaller retirement home for ourselves. Details are available by following the link buttons, below.
Property for Sale in Pitlochry
Croftcroy, Croftinloan, Pitlochry, PH16
Home for sale on the outskirts of Pitlochry.
- Ideally positioned, 4 bed, 4 bath family home at head of private cul-de-sac close to Pitlochry town.
- Sun room enjoying views over woodland style, enclosed, mature garden to rear
- Spacious living areas filled with light from large windows
- Highly desirable edge of town, woodland location
- Large driveway leads to detached double garage.
“Quality of Life” property for sale Pitlochry
From the first gaze through the window, each morning, I feel uplifted and energised by the sheer beauty I see. A nip into the garden to peg out the overnight wash fills my ears with birdsong and my head with that beautiful northern light for which Scotland is so famous. The scenery in every direction is stunning and the craziness that seems to be gripping the world seems just something you see on TV. Here, there is balance and serenity. Could you really offer anything of greater value to your family?
The town is small, well-kept and characterful with small independent shops and characterful cafes, a fabulous theatre, golf course, stunning countryside, great sporting and cultural facilities. A friendly buzz permeates and folk have time to stop and chat.
I run a busy business and stress can be relentless, at times. However, it only takes a walk with the dogs through any of the miles upon mile of woodland that surrounds us in every direction and a grounded peace of mind returns. A stint of pottering in my beautiful garden has the same restorative effect. You only need to observe nature getting it right time and time again to remember that there IS order in the world.
Transport Links from Pitlochry
When looking at Property for Sale Pitlochry, or any rural location, transport links to the “rest of the world” are of vital importance. Pitlochry strikes high scores in this arena because we’re 1/2 a mile off the A9, the main north-south arterial road in Scotland and rail services, from Pitlochry station, include one direct train to London daily and services to Edinburgh, Inverness and Glasgow. Edinburgh and Inverness airports are 90 minutes away and Glasgow just a little further.
Below, we have included a brief idea of the quality of life offered by a home in Pitlochry
Property for sale Pitlochry – places of Interest
Pitlochry Festival Theatre
Pitlochry Festival Theatre is a magnificent facility set in stunning surroundings. Set along the river amidst leafy woodland, the theatre looks up towards the splendid Ben Vrackie mountain and the hillside setting of Pitlochry. throughout the Summer season, a fabulous cast of actors perform, play, sing and dance through a cyclical repertoire of 6 plays and a musical each week.
Performance standards are exceptionally high, as reviews will attest. This excellent Theatre experience may be supplemented by the experience of visiting the facility, itself. Furthermore, visitors may enjoy stunning views of Pitlochry’s hillside canvas, with an endearing mix of greenery and stone stretching up to the slopes of Craigower Hill and Ben Vrackie Mountain.
If you are coming to view a property for sale Pitlochry, we can highly recommend visiting this fabulous facility too. Folk travel many miles to see the excellent productions at PFT. This could be right on your doorstep!
Days out with the kids – Because Pitlochry sits at the heart of a tourism paradise, there will never be a shortage of quality experiences for the kids. Here’s a link to just a few Daysoutwiththekids.com
Loch Faskally Walk
Property for Sale Pitlochry and a Way of Life too!
Walks just Outside Pitlochry
House of Bruar and the Falls of Bruar. A pleasing combination of top-end visitor facility with a delightful walk:-
- through pine forestry
- along a stunning gorge
- passing two waterfalls.
A little further afield for day trips out
- Glen Lyon – often described as the most beautiful Glen in Scotland. A day trip along this beautiful Glen will make your heart sing. We recommend you drive onwards to Loch Tay and Kenmore, then on to Aberfeldy, the Spirit of Wood, Dewars Distillery and the Highland Chocolatier. This makes for a truly fabulous day out.
- Kenmore and Loch Tay with Kenmore Marina, Mains of Taymouth Visitor Centre and Restaurant and Crannog Centre
- Aberfeldy and Strathtay A quaint Highland town with independent shops, arty cafes and an art-house style cinema
- The Highland Chocolatier Exquisite chocolate made in situ. Pop over the road to see the rapids
- Dunkeld and the Hermitage Forest walk The romance of a semi-ruined Cathedral right on the banks of the Tay and a picture-perfect wee Highland town. Great walks around and about
- Newtonmore and Kingussie with Highland Wildlife Park in Kingussie and Highland Folk Museum in Newtonmore. Working Sheepdogs and Loch Insch Watersports Centre are located nearby in Kincraig.
For thrill-seekers and lovers of the great outdoors, we can summarise some of the adrenalin-boosting highlights as :-
- Bungee Jump – located at the Garry Bridge over the Pass of Killiecrankie. Operated by Highland Fling. Probably the ultimate Pitlochry Holidays adrenalin rush!
- White Water rafting – at the Linn of Tummel and Grandtully. Several operators include Nae Limits and Splash. These are highly professional operators and a fabulous time is guaranteed.
- Canyoning – A new venture by the canyoning Company. Take an opportunity to see some fabulous, slightly more remote places, then jump off a cliff!?!
- Microlite Flying – Again, a relatively new craze in the area, but a fabulous experience. Flights and lessons from Scone Airport.
- Kyaking – One of the many Pitlochry holiday activities bookable at Activity Scotland
- Horse Riding – available for all ages and abilities, though weight restrictions apply, at Blair Castle.
- Mountaineering – Mountaineering instructor, Stewart Johnson, is based at Aberfeldy.
- Hillwalking – a rich assortment of walks of every grade, and type of terrain, is available in the area.
- Fishing – in Loch or River – quiet or torrent
- Golf – Choose from over 50 courses within a reasonable drive
- Ski-ing and Snowboarding – we are ideally located mid way between Aviemore and Glenshee. Notably, we are just under an hour from either.
- 4×4 Offroad and Quad bikes – there are several operators providing these experiences in the area. We are only too delighted to provide information.
- Cycling – Along quiet, scenic roads, or taking off into the hills and mountains
Take a Walk or Two to truly appreciate the beauty of the area
Pitlochry, itself, is surrounded by a network of paths and waymarked trails. Conveniently trail-marked, these allow the visitor to experience the stunning settings of riverside, loch, woodland, hill and mountain-side. Below, is a link to an extremely useful publication which highlights just some of the walks available. Furthermore, this is available for £1 purchase at Reception.
More reasons to consider property for sale Pitlochry
Schooling in Pitlochry area
Local Authority Schools
- Pitlochry High School
Located within an easy walk of Four Seasons, this school provides a grounded start to the lives of the young people of Pitlochry. Additionally, emphasis is on creating responsible citizens, effective contributors to society and successful learners. They aim to achieve this by forming positive partnerships within their pupil base and the community at large. Hence, enjoyment in active learning is positively nurtured, helping create confident individuals, who, in turn, reflect upon their community. Trust and respect for all are core to the school’s ethos.
- Breadalbane Academy
Classes, Clubs, Organisations and Associations in Pitlochry area
Scottish Wildlife Trust Pitlochry and Highland Perthshire Group
Local Information Publications for Pitlochry Area