Perthshire is a Cyclist’s Paradise
With luck, by the time you’ve reached this page, you’ve already chosen us as your cycling accommodation Pitlochry to return for hospitality and cheer at the end of your appointed cycling adventure in rural Perthshire. Rosemount Pitlochry is an excellent choice for cyclists, incidentally. With free cycle storage, flexible eating times, comfy ensuite accommodation and a friendly atmosphere to return to after your day of cycling bliss, the rest is purely elementary and sheer enjoyment.
Here’s the dream . . . . . You’ve loaded the car with the bikes, have packed a bag and are heading for Perthshire. Note the feeling of those stress layers gradually peeling away as you near your destination. Anticipate beautiful, unspoiled scenery, delightful, slightly remote lochs set amidst craggy, tree-clad hills where rhododendrons grow naturally, tumbling in giant form to the water’s or roadside edge. Ramshackle stone cottages skirt country tracks where few vehicles venture. Trees grow in natural form, put in place by nature rather than man. The wildlife scurries about its daily business. This is their home, but visitors are welcome.
Useful references for a Cycling Break in Pitlochry Perthshire
We’d like to feed the dream with some useful information and imagery as to what you might expect along the way as you pedal the miles through God’s own country. Click the Headings below for routemaps and other useful information:-
Downloadable Off-Road Cycle and Mountain Bike Route Cards
Below, you’ll find links to a selection of Route cards for exciting off-road cycle paths in the Perthshire area close to Pitlochry. Click on the headings below to access a downloadable route card
- Two riverside cycle paths following the north (6km) and south (7km) shores of the River Tay
- A moderate climb through a flexible network of paths through a mix of scenic landscapes. 10.5km
- This route explores beautiful countryside with Lochs and a choice of tracks with varying degrees of technical challenge. 15km, 25km with possible extension.
You Tube of Loch Ordie Route
- A low level route, along loch-side,through beautiful scenery. One expert section with steep banks (alternative, easy bypass). 13km one way
Route 16 Killiechangie by Logierait
- A purpose built trail of 4km which can be doubled into a circuit by taking the road
Blair Atholl Area
- A highly scenic route with good chance of encountering red deer
Rosemount Hotel Ben Vrackie, Bealach Mountain Bike Route, Pitlochry, Highland Perthshire
courtesy of EveryTrail
GPS co-ordinates for Pitlochry
56.7044° N, 3.7297° W
Other Perthshire Cycle Routes